Saturday, March 6, 2010

Food Creations

Several weeks ago we decided that it was time to start Nolan on some baby foods. While we had played around with it a few times we had not consistently been giving it to him. One of Kevin's co-workers had given us some Gerber baby food that she had left over. Nolan really enjoyed the carrots and the sweet potatoes but wasn't so excited about the green beans. Then about a week or so ago after receiving some baby food recipes from my mom (that she had received from a lactation consultant she works with) and talking with several of my momma friends I decided that I wanted to try my hand at making some foods for Nolan. It was so much fun....and SOOOOOOOO easy!!! I made sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, apples, pears, avocado, bananas, and pear/bananas. I put most of it in ice cube trays and froze them and then put them in freezer bags. So far he has enjoyed everything that we have tried...even the green beans!! We haven't eaten any of the bananas yet because we have been dealing with constipation issues (for more on this you can read Kevin's blog). I think it has to do with the formula (which he doesn't get a whole lot of) but it could also just be him getting used to all the foods. We started with veggies once a day and now he is getting fruits during the day and veggies in the evening. I definitely recommend home-made baby food and would be happy to pass on recipes to anyone who wants them. I am already looking forward to making more in the next week or so and I'm going to try some new things as well. I would love suggestions!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds really cool! I did a little of that, and we also used a baby food grinder a lot when Luke had been tested out on more foods. A lot of the time I just made things some what seperately so that I could give Luke things that I knew he could handle and then mix up the rest for us. Next time I am expecting though I will definitely ask for your recipies.

    ReplyDelete