Thursday, September 24, 2009

SLEEP!!!

A quick update...Nolan has been sleeping on his own at night this week! the first night he slept on his own was Saturday night. We have this snuggle nest thing (looks like a cute, padded box thing) that is meant for safe co-sleeping that he has been sleeping in. We bought it because we thought maybe he had too much space in the pack and play and if he was in a smaller space it might help..and it seems to be. We hadn't planned on having him in our bed with us, and don't plan on keeping him there for long, but right now it has been working well. I didn't like the idea at first because we preach that babies should have their own sleeping place at work but I feel ok about it with him being in the snuggle nest. It also makes it easy for me to get up in the middle of the night for feedings. Sunday was a rough night but the rest of this week Nolan has slept anywhere from 2-3 hours at a time during the night. It has made such a difference!! Hope it continues!!



On the eating...he still loves to eat. This is probably the area that causes us the most frustration at this point. In the morning and then again early evening he just can't seem to get enough and wants to eat almost every hour and can eat for 30 minutes + at a time. This can get tiring and we are working on trying to figure out other soothing techniques to keep him satisfied between feedings. It's like he just can't get enough, although I think at times it's just more of a comfort thing than a being hungry thing. I also started pumping a little this week and hope to introduce the bottle to him this weekend so Kevin can help with night feedings and to get him ready for when I go back to work. This is another thing I have to figure out...difficult to figure out when to pump when the little guy is eating all the time! :)



He is definitely becoming more alert, spending more time awake during then day. We bought a bouncy/vibrating chair this past weekend which he LOVES!!! I can put him in there and he will just look around, moving his arms and legs, making faces, and some interesting noises. He is soooo CUTE!!!! I could watch him doing this for hours. We have also found that when he is fussy at times this chair also works in calming him down.



I will post more pictures soon. We are headed up to Goshen for the weekend for the relief sale (and to see family). Then Nolan and I are going to stay at my mom's for the week. My grandma (now great grandma baines) has come to visit along with my cousin Helen. We are so excited that they were able to make the trip and look forward to spending the week with them. It will definitely be a very special week. Hope Nolan travels well!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment