Friday, September 18, 2009

My Little Man


Nolan is becoming more alert every day. This picture was taken the other day when he was practicing his many faces. I told Kevin to grab the camera and start snapping pictures and this is my favorite that we were able to capture. I LOVE it!!

A little update...we are growing!! Today Nolan and I went to our first breastfeeding support group at the hospital. It was awesome. We met lots of great moms and babies and received some good advice. It was great to meet other moms and to hear their frustrations and tips on what has worked for them. It is so easy to feel alone in the middle of the night and I can't seem to keep Nolan satisfied so it was nice to hear that other moms are experiencing the same struggles and feelings I am. There was one mom with her 1 1/2 week old twin boys as well as moms with babies the same age as Nolan all the way up to 13 week old babies. Besides getting to share our new mommy stories and feed our babies we also had the opportunity to weigh our babies before and after feeding. Nolan weighed in at 8lbs .08 ounces before feeding and 8lbs 12 ounces after feeding (and a very full diaper!! :)). So despite all of the spitting up he is gaining weight. I can't wait to go back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment