Sunday, March 13, 2011

I know I say this at the start of every post, but time keeps getting away from me. We have been so busy recently. We have enjoyed hosting family here and also enjoyed a recent trip up to Goshen. I have been exceptionally busy at work as well, which has made for some long work weeks and little rest. I was looking forward to relaxing this weekend with Nolan while Kevin worked but Nolan came down with a nasty cough and cold and my plans for a fun and relaxing weekend ran out the door. Today (Sunday) has been a much better day than yesterday was, which I am very grateful for. I enjoyed being able to see sides of my little Nolan poking through the sick Nolan by the end of the day.

Nolan continues to amaze us with how fast he is growing and turning into a little boy. We still have not cut his hair. I think when we finally decide to do that he will make the final change from baby into little boy. He is popping out new words, reaching up to turn door knobs, can pull stuff off of the counter, loves running around outside, and continues to be a very picky eater. He is definitely a very independent boy and wants to do everything by himself. I have quickly learned to not intervene or try to show him how to do something because when I do it usually ends with a melt down and Nolan not wanting to continue whatever it was that he was doing.

We have enjoyed a few days of warmer weather and being able to take Nolan outside after work. It is almost automatic when we come home that he grabs his yellow rubber boots and says "side, side".

Enjoy the pictures of our growing boy!







He still loves reading and can now be seen reading to himself or his animals.






































The rubber boots...he has asked to wear them with his pajamas as well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Luke wants to wear his snow boots everywhere! We draw the line at church. (-; Very cute pics, sorry the little man wasn't feeling so good and hope he didn't pass it around!

    ReplyDelete