Friday, September 10, 2010

Nolan is ONE!




Now a week after Nolan's first birthday I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I have a one year old!! Was it really a year ago that we welcomed Nolan into our family? So much has happened in this last year that it is hard to know where to start or to even find the words to describe the many different experiences and emotions of the last year....so I will keep it simple...Nolan has completely changed our lives, and while we have faced many challenges over the last year we have also experienced great joy and a new kind of love. There is nothing sweeter than walking into his room in the morning and seeing that beaming smile and hearing his excited squeals. It has been amazing to watch Nolan grow, change, learn new skills, and discover this great big world. He seems to do something new each day or perfect the things has already been doing. There is no stopping him and I can't wait to see what this year will bring (although it would be OK if this year didn't go by as fast as this last one did...:) wishful thinking I'm sure...)
The following pictures are just a few from Nolan's birthday weekend. We had a birthday party at my mom's house on Thursday (Nolan's actual birthday). It was such a wonderful time celebrating Nolan with great friends and family. Thanks to everyone that joined us in the celebration, we couldn't have made it through the year without all of your support!

Not sure what Nolan is thinking...but I think Sophia likes Nolan!


Nolan's monkey cake that I made for him


Nolan eating his monkey cake


Elbow and all





The Monkey cupcakes I made for everyone else


2 comments:

  1. So cute...bummed we couldn't join you at his party. I hope he had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and creative cakes! I just made sheet cakes! Happy b-day Nolan! I wish we could have celebrated with you guys too! It is amazing how fast teh time goes by.

    You know what i hust remembered? About a week ago Luke started asking to sing the happy birthday song, completely out of the blue! I haven't sung it to him since his b-day and we haven't celebrated any family birthdays recently so I have no idea where it came from. He actually knew what he was asking for too! So ever since then we have been singing happy Birthday at least 5-6 times/day. Maybe somehow he was wishing he could celebrate with Nolan too!

    ReplyDelete