Friday, June 19, 2009

Can't Sleep

Well this is the second or third night this week that I have woken up between 4:30 and 5:00am wide awake and unable to go back to sleep!!! I guess maybe my body is trying to prepare me for the sleepless nights to come in a few months?!?!? That's right, just a few short months and our little guy will be here. So hard to believe. It feels like such a short period of time when I think about all the many, many things that we still need to do to get ready for him, but such a long period of time when I think about the fact that the weather is supposed to be 90s and humid!!

Earlier this week I sat down and created a list of all the things that we need to do around the house and in preparation for our baby's arrival. Kevin has completed a few things on the list, which is awesome, however I am lacking the motivation and the energy. I know how I want things to be (around the house) but find that when I get home from work I just don't have the desire to work around the house. It also doesn't help that we seem to have a full schedule of weddings, graduation parties, meals with friends, etc. that take away from time doing things around the house. All of these things are great and we have had some awesome times with friends and family lately, however we can't seem to get our house together. We have had several friends offer to come over and help with some projects but it's hard to know where to start! I'm hoping that most of this weekend can be spent completing several of the projects on our list or at least moving us in that direction. :)

3 comments:

  1. start anywhere...cuz if you are like me...they come early way early. Avenlea was born 6 weeks early on June 4th, I thought I had more time with Jackson...this time we started the projects early and new we needed to finish at least a month early. You shouldn't be doing projects anyway...so you have enough energy to sit in a chair and give kevin orders right? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember feeling completely drained most of the time too. We still didn't have a lot of things done when Luke was born, and he was only three days before his due date. My mom and Grandma went to our house the day before we came back home, and they got the house clean and everything set up for us.

    Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm pretty sure she won't go early...the docs are already expecting her to go late. and there will be no giving orders to me!! haha. actually, it's good for her to have a good balance of activity and rest during pregnancy...good for her health and baby's health!!

    can't wait to see you too Laura, we can't wait!! when are you getting into Indy?

    ReplyDelete