Saturday, March 28, 2009

We are having a................







BOY! Yesterday was quite a long and exciting day. On the information sheet that I received from my doctor it said to empty my bladder and then drink 18oz of water thirty minutes before my appointment...and so I did. I probably even drank more than 18oz because I was quite thirsty. When we got to the place of the appointment we waited...and waited...and waited...and then learned that one of the doctors had been called away for an emergency c-section and so they were running a bit behind. As we were waiting I started feeling like I would soon need to go to the bathroom and wasn't sure how much longer I could wait. The idea of having them pushing on my midsection at that time didn't sound like a comfortable time. We were finally called back and as soon as they started the ultrasound the tech commented on the size of my bladder and soon let me empty it!! What a relief! I was then able to focus on seeing our baby and not seeing our baby and trying not to pee my pants!

I can hardly find the words for what I felt looking at the screen and seeing our little guy moving around. At times he was looking straight at us, however he is a litter mover and didn't stay in one position very long. When we first tried to take a look for the sex of the baby he had his hands and feet towards his bottom and the cord was running straight between his legs. We had to go and look at other parts of him (hands, feet, heart, kidneys, brain, nose, mouth....) before coming back for another look. He quickly agreed to stop being shy and show us that he is a boy! :) WE ARE HAVING A BOY!!!! Kevin and I have been looking forward to finding out what we are having and it feels so surreal now that we know. We kept saying it over and over yesterday and giggling with excitement.
After looking at the baby's different measurements and making a few other adjustments we have a new due date of September 1st. We left the appointment with report of a healthy baby boy, some pictures they printed for us, a cd with several of the photos, and a vhs tape of the ultrasound for us to watch later! :)

We are grateful for the good report we received yesterday and continue to feel truly blessed.






3 comments:

  1. Ohhh the misery of an ultrasound including a full bladder. I remember the feeling with Isaiah although was completely stoked this time around when I found out they didn't need a full bladder at all for this one! So happy for you guys and love that moment when you finally find out what exactly you created! Congrats congrats congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Wow, you guys got a ton of stuff from your ultrasound!!! We only got a few pics, and not necessarily the ones we wanted. We tried to ask if they could mail us the rest of the pics they printed out after the Dr had looked at them but they just looked at us like we were from Mars or something and hurried us out the door. I definitely want to find a better place to get ultrasounds with our next kiddo, whenever he or she comes along.

    Anyway, so happy and excited for you and Kevin and little Greg! (wink, wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they need the new machine...we don't have to do the full bladder thing anymore. I am surprised that you got three/four d pics and still had to do that. It is unusual.

    Congrats on the baby boy...they are awesome. Can't wait to meet the little man.

    ReplyDelete