Friday, August 7, 2009

Counting Down.....

The count down has begun. We are quickly moving through week 37 and ready to welcome week 38. I can say that I would be ready for our little guy to arrive any day, however Kevin would like for him to hang on for a few more weeks. I have become increasingly uncomfortable and while I have really enjoyed being pregnant I'm ready for the next chapter to begin. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and realize that he will be here before we know it, and for the most part I have enjoyed the last several weeks. Kevin and I have been blessed with support and showers from coworkers, friends, family, and church. A few weeks ago our friend Michelle along with the help of Dori and Erin gave a shower for me here in Indy and then last weekend I traveled up to Goshen for my last trip for a shower hosted by mom my and Kevin's mom (which Jules helped out with a great deal as well). It was wonderful to be at my mom's again and to spend time with close friends and family. I'm reminded each day about the blessings of friends and family. We received many cute clothes and other items that will be greatly needed once our little guy arrives. Thank you to everyone!

At this point I am continuing to work. I have cut back my hours on occasion to make it through the week but continue to enjoy what I'm doing. I've been spending time wrapping things up with patients that I have been working with and preparing for my time off. Other than work and showers we have been working on other preparations for the arrival of our son. I trust that everything will fall into place and some things will be figured out as we go and learn with each new day.

Here are some photos from my showers and growing belly!

Me and Momma outside her house

Week 35



We played a game where each guest had to guess how big my belly is....Dori pointed out that I am about as round as she is tall!

Oh, we are going to the doctor weekly now and found out today that I am between 1 and 2 cm. I know that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot except that we are making some progress!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO sorry I missed it...didn't recup well after DMB concert and returning to a babe who felt the need to be up all night! Just wait, your turn is coming!:) K

    ReplyDelete